Tuesday, November 25, 2008

al-fatihah

i received an email informing one of my acquaintance back in UK passed away last saturday. .

All friends of Nurul Syifa Abdul Hadi,

I know I have not met many of you, yet it is still with deep regret that I write this message.

I sadly have the responsibility of informing you that our beloved Nurul Syifa contracted a viral infection last June. This required continuous and constant treatment, and minor surgical operations. After several months of being in and out of wards, conditions continued to worsen and due to complications, Nurul Syifa passed away on Saturday, November 22nd, 2008. She was laid to rest in her hometown of Setiawan Perak, Malaysia.

As her best friend, I know that Nurul Syifa led a good life, always cheerful and optimistic, despite having been diagnosed with Thalassemia at an early age. She grew up all over the world - Turkey, Japan, England, Malaysia. Friends meant the world to Nurul Syifa and before she passed, she entrusted me with the duty of letting all her friends know how grateful she was to have met so many of you. She truly appreciated the positive impacts and experiences you gave and shared with her, which she cherished till the end.

And so I thank you, for having been a part of her great life. She will be missed, but know that she is in a better place now.

Please pass this on to those who know her. If you have any questions or would like to get in touch with the family, feel free to contact me, Nuri Ramli at nuri.ramli@gmail.com. Love and prayers,May God bless her soul.

Regards,

Nuri Ramli


Syifa came to my house with my ex schoolmate during summer break 2005 back in Glasgow. she told me about her thalassemia and how she take care of herself in the UK without family around her. she's one strong young girl...my memories with her will remain forever and may Allah swt bless her soul. my condolences to syifa's family..

Al- Fatihah to nurul syifa abdul hadi...

No comments: